Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Sunday Drive - through Oregon Wine Country

The Portland Art Collective "Open Doors" art show and sale was fantastic! After being inside for two days, I decided to take a drive through Oregon Wine Country. What an amazing day! I played CDs by Il Divo and Michael Buble and just took in the sunny skies and all of those rolling hills around Amity and McMinnville.


When I saw the house by the road I had to stop. The old house was part of a hazelnut farm, no one in Amity could tell me about it. It was eery walking around it - not a bad energy, just strange and needing to be left untouched. I didn't stay long, but long enough to get some great pics. My favorite is of the old chair. I had lunch at The Blue Goat cafe in Amity. Great atmosphere! I had the "scantily clad wood-fired pizza (the pizza, not me) and a local ale. I did some antiquing along the way - I'll show some of my finds in another post!













No comments:

Post a Comment